Everything in the universe carries its own energetic signature, and crystals are no different. They’ve been used for eons as talismans, good-luck charms and ways to ward off evil spirits, but there’s some scientific basis to those claims. Let’s look at seven powerful crystals that can help you shift your own energy to create health and happiness in your life.
Crystals were formed millions of years ago as the earth herself was emerging from a time of great change. She was being “born” to resemble the planet that we know and love today. Within each crystalline structure is the creative energy of the Divine. From a more scientific viewpoint, crystals have the least amount of entropy (disorder) among almost any other material form on the planet.
Crystals also vibrate at a certain rate, meaning they give off an energy that is unlike the energy given off by trees, flowers, a lamp-post, or even people. The balanced and orderly structure of crystals allows them to be the perfect conduit for healing energy – they help to transform disordered (unhealthy) energy into a higher vibratory rate, or a more balanced and orderly vibration. Quartz crystal can even store 360T of information for up to 300 million years – so the divine plan of our being is likely stored within a quartz crystal’s structure.
According to the Book of Stones,
“When we bring the crystal into our electromagnetic field, two things occur:
The electromagnetic frequencies carried by the stone will vibrate with related frequencies in our own energy field through the physical law of resonance, creating a third larger vibration field.
The nervous system is attuned to these shifts in energy and transmits this information to the brain. Here the frequencies stimulate biochemical shifts that affect the physical body and shift brain function.” – (Simmons & Ahsian 2005, 28)
Here’s what different crystals can offer based on their structure and energetic vibration:
- Clear Quartz – This crystal is known as the master healer. The ancient Egyptians wore quartz all the time for its healing properties. When worn on or placed near the body, quartz can help connect us to the divine. It also transmutes many lesser energies, so it can be used around the house to ensure favorable relations between people, animals, and plants.
- Rose Quartz – Rose quartz is helpful for releasing pain (both emotional and physical) and clearing the auric field of negativity. Its energetic qualities are peace, self-love, and compassion.
- Amethyst – This purple-hued stone is known as the lavender wonder. It is a general use stone that does many things, among them, supporting creativity, temperance, and sobriety.
- Citrine – This yellow crystal is a tonic for the circulatory system and can help to purify the blood. It also can help women during their menstrual cycle and during menopause. Its healing properties also positively affect the balder and its meridians throughout the body. It is also known to help align oneself with their spiritual self.
- Jade – Perhaps most known in history along the Silk Road throughout Asia, Jade also has powerful healing properties. Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners hold that jade will drain bad qi from the body and modern science has learned that jade emits an infrared ray that cleans the blood. Jade can support your immune system, and invigorate you energetically.
- Lapis Lazuli – Anyone who wears lapis lazui can expect to feel less stressed and more emotionally balanced. This crystal, often bright purple with some veins of yellow and other colors, can also guard against psychic attacks while bringing a sense of deeper self-awareness.
- Tanzanite – This indigo to purple crystal stimulates the throat, third eye and crown chakras. It’ primary energy affects us by connecting our higher wisdom to the divine. When wearing this stone, we should experience better communication in insight.
- Turquoise – This blue stone worn prominently by the Tibetans and native American Indians is known for its healing qualities affecting the digestive system, and skeletal system. It supports tranquility and balanced energy in the body, mind, and heart. It can also relieve stress and pain and supports spiritual awareness.
- Carnelian – When you are ready to make big moves in life, carnelian is the stone to turn to. It supports action, clear insight, motivation, and change. This bright orange stone can help you to pinpoint your goals so that you can move toward making them happen. It also supports the energies of the second chakra or solar plexus.
- Black Tourmaline – This stone is associated with protection and grounding. If you are entering an environment that makes you feel unsteady or unsure, this is a good stone to have in your pocket. It protects and heals from four levels – mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical. It also maintains a negative ionic charge which can help you to clear your thoughts.